[gfsd]Re: gas/binutils (a.k.a. we really suck sometimes)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: gas/binutils (a.k.a. we really suck sometimes)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 12:09:40 -0700 (MST)

    > The package maintainer is supposed to maintain them, but in many cases
    > they do it wrong.

    I think it is better to have webmasters doing webmaster things,

The job of these pages is to describe the package.  The package
maintainer, who knows the package, can do this efficiently.  The
webmasters, to do this, would have to study each package.  That would
be very inefficient.

Besides which, the webmasters have trouble handling the duties they
already have.  To transfer a large job from the maintainers to the
webmasters would be rather unwise.

Therefore, my decision is that we will not change this.