[gfsd]Re: ToutDoux - hOpla

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [gfsd]Re: ToutDoux - hOpla
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:30:27 -0500

> Le jeu, 26 oct 2000 02:39:01, Richard Stallman a écrit :
> > I hereby dub ToutDoux a GNU package.
>
> Le ven, 27 oct 2000 16:09:30, Richard Stallman a écrit :
> > I hereby dub hOpla a GNU program.

Congratulations on becoming a new GNU maintainer!  We are happy to have you
as part of our team!  In this message, there are some final logistical
issues we need to take care of to set you up as a maintainer.

Included below is a copy of the maintainer information file, if you haven't
seen it already.  You can always find it on fencepost.gnu.org at
/gd/gnuorg/maintain.{text,texi} and online at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_toc.html.  This document describes the
responsibilities of maintaining a GNU program.  If you have any questions,
please let us know.

The most important issues to note right away concerning this are the
following:

  (0) For GNU software, we either like to (a) distribute it from
      ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/, or (b) put a README there to tell users
      where they can get the program.

      You mentioned already in another message that you'd like to do (a) and
      upload them yourself to ftp.gnu.org.  I have sent a message to
      <address@hidden> to ask them to make an account on gnudist.gnu.org
      for you.  If you don't hear from them in a few days, feel free to ping
      them.

      BTW, when you make major releases, please do send an announcement to
      <address@hidden>.

  (1) We would like to set up a <address@hidden> right away if it
      doesn't already exist.  This can be (a) a mailing list on the GNU
      machines, (b) a mailing list on some other machine, or (c) a simple
      aliases that forwards to you (and possibly some other interested
      parties, too).

      If you'd like (a), let <address@hidden> know, and they'll
      set it up.  If you'd like (b) or (c), please tell <address@hidden>
      know the pertinent addresses so they can set things up.

  (2) Also, please consider making a <address@hidden> list where users
      can get informal help (if it doesn't already exist).  If you already
      have such a list, please tell <address@hidden> where so we can
      forward to it.  If you don't have such a list yet, we can easily
      create one on the GNU machines---just ask <address@hidden>.

  (3) We are building a Free Software Directory, which is a directory of all
      free software that we have found.  We'd like for you to write an entry
      for your program for the Free Software Directory.  Please contact
      <address@hidden> to write an entry.

  (4) We would like to have a web page for your program at
      http://www.gnu.org/software/PROGRAM/.  Please send a page for this to
      the GNU Web Masters <address@hidden> or ask <address@hidden> for
      an account on gnudist.gnu.org so that you can edit the page yourself
      directly.

Also, since you are a GNU maintainer, we have added you to the extremely low
traffic <address@hidden> mailing list.  Here is the charter for that list:

     gnu-prog is a moderated list. Traffic is kept to the most essential
     issues and the number of messages is kept minimal (at most a few a
     month). The reason is that we wish all active GNU programmers and
     maintainers to remain on it, including those who are only cooperating
     with the FSF (because their program has been included in GNU. The FSF
     doesn't want anyone unsubscribing because they find volume too
     high. Many members of this list have indicated they wish the volume
     kept low.

     Most inquiries should be directed to address@hidden
     instead. The members of address@hidden list expect discussion
     and lots of email.

     This list, address@hidden, is used to update all active GNU
     programmers and maintainers on changes made in GNU project policy and
     very occasionally query the community of active GNU programmers on
     programming issues of great importance. Usually, though, a query
     directly to address@hidden or address@hidden and/or a discussion on
     address@hidden is sufficient.

     address@hidden should not be mentioned in other contexts. It is meant
     to be a private mailing list. Please do not include it in mail sent to
     those not on it.

You are welcome to be on <address@hidden>, if you'd like.  You can
subscribe by sending a message to <address@hidden> or
the charter for that list:

   gnu-prog-discuss is for those who would like to discuss issues of
   programming that affect the GNU Project (e.g coding style or library
   organization).

   gnu-prog-discuss should not be mentioned in other contexts. It is meant
   to be an internal mailing list. Do not include it in mail sent to those
   not on it.

   Also, gnu-prog-discuss automagically receives a unidiff of the GNU Coding
   Standards, GNU Maintainers Guide, and related documents when changes are
   made.