Bioinformatics tools in Forth

From: Alex Byrne
Subject: Bioinformatics tools in Forth
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:16:05 +0100

Hello,

I'm a software developer of bioinformatics tools and great admirer of
Forth. I'm starting to think about writing tools in Forth; the ability to
create a problem-specific language superset seems very attractive. The
first step would be to build some kind of library to handle the various
common file formats and operations associated with bioinformatics - BAM,
vcf, etc. I was wondering if anyone has gone this route before and if
there's already work out there I could build on?

Have a good day,

Alex