gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Newer version?

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Newer version?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:24:49 +0100

Hi Lee,

Lee Underwood <address@hidden> schrieb am [Do, 15.01.2015 22:26]:
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and v1.2.8.15 of Gnome Commander. Is there a
> reason I can't upgrade to GC v1.4.4?

you have two options:

1. Either upgrade to Ubuntu 14.10, or
2. Use the source, Luke! ;) [*]

I think, gnome-commander > 1.2.8 will be available also in the next
long-term release of Ubuntu. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer for
new packages to get there. ... :/

[*] Available as a tar.xz package. You may unpack it and install it via
"configure && make && sudo make install". But I would prefer to install
GCMD via a binary package when using Ubuntu. So you will automatically
get bugfix updates by the ubuntu update service.

Regards,
Uwe