gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] file colorizing

From: Ernest Sales
Subject: [gcmd-dev] file colorizing
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 14:58:31 +0200

Shell 'ls --color' command and gcmd configured to honor LS_COLORS behave
slightly different. By what I can guess: in gcmd, extension check is
topmost criteria; in shell CLI, file attributes criteria prevails.

Meaning that e.g. in FAT mounts, where all files are deemed to be
'rwxrwxrwx', the shell CLI will colorize all of them as executable
regardless of their extension.

As I have to live in a world with files often coming from FAT-formatted
media, I prefer the gcmd behavior. But I would let you know just in
case you weren't aware.

Regards,
Ernest