gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Current status of documentation and other things

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Current status of documentation and other things
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 21:28:58 +0100

Dear GCMD users,

I'm happy to announce that the documentation of GCMD has been completely
revised in the last days. Nearly all sections have been affected. If you
want you can have a look at the current master branch and make
suggestions about missing issues in the documentation. I'd like to go
into string fixation in about a week.

Furthermore, here are the additional changes I made in the current
master branch:

- Really dropped support for cvs plugin (was dropped already some time
  ago, but it was accidentally still installed)
- Added .tar.xz extension to fileroller plugin
- Reassigned help link in remote server dialog
- Removed broken configure MIME types feature
- Added python plugin apply_patch to files to install
- Reassigned the help link in keybord shortcut dialog

They are all rather small. As you can see I dropped the MIME type
configuration, which was broken anyway. But it was confusing to have a
menu entry which didn't work. As far as I know, Piotr was working (or
planned to work) on a GUI for a MIME type configuration script. But I
couldn't find any hint in the source code on that. I found only the
original script which seems to have some problems, according to old
mailing list posts.

If you have questions about all this, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Greetings,
Uwe