gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Update of gcmd home page

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Update of gcmd home page
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:39:11 +0100

Michael <address@hidden> schrieb am [Fri, 13.12.2013 16:54]:
> Many thanks, Uwe!
>
> After so many years i still like the nice feature that Magnus
> Stalnacke implemented for the left navigation bar.
>
> I wonder if we can do an anything actively to approach
> developers. I've seen something like 'orphaned software' somewhere, i
> believe at Debian, relating to package maintenance. Is there some
> place where 'new' developers would look into if they like to pick up
> an existing project ?

Hopefully, someone else can answer this question. Alternatively one
could also ask in a GNOME developer mailing list about people who would
know something about this / whould like to contribute.

Interestingly, from time to time there is still some write access to the
GCMD git repo at GNOME.org, the last one happened 11 days ago:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-commander/log/
But these are all commits to the localization files, as long as I can
see.

Does anyone know if a "verification" is not needed for all those
commits? What about commits which change the source code more
dramatically?

> I've seen you inserted a note about it in the 'devel' section of the
> hp, but i guess it should be right on the front page too, maybe even
> on top.

Done.

> (By the way did we already announce the need for developers in the
> users list ?)

Hm, no. We could do this, nice idea. Anyone?

Ciao,
Uwe