gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] The fun is in the search, not the finding...

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] The fun is in the search, not the finding...
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 01:51:19 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak,

> > (1) Case sensitivity doesn't seem to work
> >
> > I have some files like ABC-bla and when i search for 'abc' (lower case!) in
> > filename, all files are hit, despite they are upper case, even in case
> > sensitive mode.
>
> gcmd has always performed case-insensitive file name searches - and this
> is the same now. Do we need to have an extra option for that ?

Oh maybe i mistook the checkbox was for the filename, but instead it's only for
the text search ?

> > (2) In regex mode, a filename is matched that does not contain any ABC or
> > abc.
>
> could you provide some more info ? pls start gcmd with -d g flag to get
> shell command and run this command in the shell. The output would be
> very helpful.

'Current directory' finds nothing, when Level 1 finds files in the active panes
directory

 [GG] running: find '/home/micha/' -maxdepth 0 -iname '*jpg*' -print

However maxdepth 0 seems to be different from what it was in the past now. The
current directory and Level 1 should both be equal to maxdepth 1, see find
manpage.

I can not reproduce the other bug.