gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] profile manager

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] profile manager
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:42:05 +0100

> Better....
>
> In Options, anything is still there except for the devices and the custom
> (rightcklick) programs, but still the general ones are (like viewer).
>
> Bookmarks are still the same (so i assume, the same file is used).

--config-dir option affects files: connections, devices, fav-apps and
gnome-commander.xml only. The old ~/.gnome2/gnome-commander cfg file is
used in usual way, so the stored options can read/saved there.

Additionally, in the absence of configs from connections, devices,
fav-apps and gnome-commander.xml some ('old') options (like advrename
templates) are read from ~/.gnome2/gnome-commander and converted to
gnome-commander.xml

Thus the reported behaviour - after first usage of --config-dir it
should work as expected.

> advrename template has replace "\(" wioth "\O", this is what i previously
> called a maybe old template of mine. But i'm not sure, it could be an
> hardcoded easter egg as well ?
> As expected, there are no custom profiles so far.

Hmmmm, there are no easter eggs here...

> After quit, it saved:
>
> connections
> devices
> fav-apps
> gnome-commander.xml
>
> Will this be sufficient to separate different versions ? I think that even
> bookmarks and Options should be separated, anything else could make beta
> testers nervous ... :)

gcmd might use the following scheme with --config-dir:

        connections-1.4
        devices-1.4
        fav-apps-1.4
        gnome-commander-1.4.xml

but frankly speaking I don't see the difference between the above and
explicitly given locations like

        gcmd --config-dir=mydir-1.4

Piotr