gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Connections / Go to

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Connections / Go to
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:53:12 +0100

> Do we need 'New Connection' at all ? I mean, it's only one click more to the
> full configuration dialog, and i think this one is quite enough.

That's meant for ad-hoc connections without storing them.

> And you could 'spare' some seconds again if you could use an existing
> connection as template, and then a 'clone' button could be handy.

Good idea, I'll add 'Duplicate' button

> I also just puzzled if a list of remote connections in the main menu pulldown
> wouldn't be another good idea. Just above the list of 'mounts'.

In 'Connection' menu ? The menu contains all 'open' ones (all local
mounts are always considered as open); if you have any remotes active -
they will just appear here.

> And lastly, while local mounts are listed in the same menu as remote
> connections, wouldn't it be better called 'Go to'  ?

But there are also `disconnect' actions for remotes...  IMHO it seems OK
this way.