gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] URL from command line?

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] URL from command line?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:24:18 +0100

> Would it be possible to add the ability to open a particular
> directory / URL by specifying it in the command line?
>
> E.g. something like:
>
>   gnome-commander ftp://ftp.somewhere.ou/
>
> Or even
>
>   gnome-commander /var/ftp/pub dav://svn.nothing.net/
>
> (first would be the left, second the right pane for example...)

I'm not sure if I grok you properly - do you mean starting gcmd from
cmdline, don't you? If so, gcmd has already support for setting start
dirs (see `man gnome-commander' for details):

    gnome-commander --left=dir1 --right=dir2

and this is The-Right-Syntax ;o) In your case it'd be:

    gnome-commander --left=/var/ftp/pub

Unfortunately, gcmd can't use URI for start dir yet - but that, of
course, could be added...

Piotr