gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] 1.2.5 release - the countdown...

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] 1.2.5 release - the countdown...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 04:35:02 +0100

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:

SHIFT+ENTER is supposed to leave open terminal after execution of
command. Unfortunately I've been unable to achieve this functionality
using gnome-terminal - it simply lacks of any option for not closing the
window after the completion of shell command.

I know that using xterm -hold is a (quite ugly) hack, but I can't come
to anything better at the moment.

Hope this helps,

Nope.

When i have the hold option, it do not close like it should
when i click on X. But a command entered with shift-enter
executes and leaves the window open.

Without the option, i can close the window normally. But if
i enter a command it closes the window after execution.

I think it is better to have the gcmd-block
 "The program has now finished, press Enter to close this window"

Normally i do not execute other commands than "bash" with
shift+enter, to open a terminal in pwd and do things.. But when
i do execute programs, i like to have window open after execution
is done, just to see messages and such.

I never use the terminal icon in the toolbar since it doesent
obey my fonts and colors and give me a white xterm with tiny
fonts.