gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] some ideas :))

From: Antono Vasiljev
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] some ideas :))
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 23:09:14 +0300

On ven, 2007-10-19 at 18:50 +0200, Michael wrote:

> Piotr:
> > What (nautilus|thunar)-actions are interested in most?
>
> I think he means the nautilus 'Scripts' (but correct me if i'm wrong) which
> are shell scripts placed into a dedicated folder ~/.gnome-2/nautilus-scripts.

I means nautilus-actions addon. aptitude instal nautilus-actions in
debian. But i think it's really topic for freedesctop.org.

> I propose to create your own folder, maybe under ~/.local/share, and make
> nautilus-scripts a symlink, so that you won't delete your stuff if you
> reinstall the gnome-session.
> For the time being, you would call a little 'proxy' script from every script,
> which checks frome where it was called, and sets the nautilus environment
> variables and $1 correctly itself, so that every script would work for both,
> be it for nautilus or for gcmd.
> Lets' call it 'gcmd-nautilus-adaptor' ;)

I'ts clear. Thank you for idea :)
Is there any possibility add my actions to meny only in some complex
contexts? For example i would like to have some actions for dir if it
contains .svn or _darcs subdirs.

> > need terminal just run your command from cmdline with SHIFT+ENTER

> Or even only SHIFT+ENTER to just open a terminal

I've already reported about my problem:
"There was an error creating the child process for this terminal"

my gcmd compiled against rev 1209.

--
Antono Vasiljev
http://antono.info