gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Ruby plugins

From: Antono Vasiljev
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Ruby plugins
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:43:57 +0300

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 18:57 +0200, Piotr Eljasiak wrote:

> I'd be very glad to have support for ruby plugins too, but
> unfortunately
> I don't know this language at all... I think we may start work on ruby
> support for gcmd if there is some community interest in ruby - to
> donate
> some ruby plugins. So - community - please do some 'pressure' on gcmd
> coders... ;o)

Ok. I'll try to make some 'pressure' :) I've looked at your Python
plugins and they are pretty clear. But trere are some chunks of code
where i need your help. Let's look at md5sum.py from svn..

at line 32:

def main(main_wnd_xid, active_cwd, inactive_cwd, selected_files):

I wonder what means every parameter. who pass them to the main
method/function? Can they be predefined? Is there any standart on naming
of the main method? Please say some words about information wich can be
taken forom gcmd to feed my plugin.

Thank you in advance!

--
Amike, Antono Vasiljev.