gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: custom dircolors in filelist pane

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: custom dircolors in filelist pane
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 05:00:29 +0200

Solved.

There are several possible login scripts and while I realized that X shells
(actually no real login shells at all) process a different set than textconsole
tty login (where i did the testing) i still follow the inclusion scheme that
debian
use to set up, though it confused me more than one time. However, X shells seem
to reset now to defaults before they read the non-login-shell script.
I think that was different when i reworked my login scripts some years ago.
It must have changed at some point in the upgrading. I already wondered why
my shell aliases are gone, but thought this was due to my (synchron) switch to
gnome-terminal. And spent no time to track.
Not all maintainers warn unstable users about such things.
Maybe they call it training ?

It works now as expected, in gcmd.