gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Patch for smb authentication

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Patch for smb authentication
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:05:41 +0100

> i was using gnome-commander 1.2.3 for some time now.
> Today i tried the 1.3 branch. Unfortunately it seem to still lack smb
> authentication support.
> Because smb access is crucial for me i wrote an patch.
> The patch for 1.2.3 can be applied with patch -p1 < file-name.
> Unfortunately is was not able port the patch cleanly to 1.3.
> Therefore one needs to autogen.sh the freshly downloaded cvs sources first.
> This creates src/Makefile.in. After that you apply the patch.
> patch -p1 < file-name.
> I hope the patches work as good for you as they do for me.

Thanks for your contribution :o))

I've attached slightly revised version of your gnome-smb-auth.c
Unfortunately I don't have access to SMB network for having it tested -
could you, please, verify whether it is still working as expected? ;o)

BTW - what's the purpose of having static count variable? Do you want to
cancel every third auth callback?

Piotr