gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Menu buttons for advrename placeholders

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Menu buttons for advrename placeholders
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:22:00 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
Hi folks,

I've just uploaded some minor changes to advrename GUI. Now the dialog
contains buttons for quick inserting placeholder. They are grouped into
five categories: dir, name, date, counter and (of course ;o) metatags. I
find the latter very useful - it's quite difficult for me to remember
and - later - to type myriads of Exif/IPTC/... metatags.

That is useful. No one could be expected to remember
all those tags.

For my experience with IPTC/Exif tags is rather limited - I'd like to
ask you to verify the list of available metatags (via menu buttons) and
to pinpoint the most used ones. Those tags then might be grouped
together and presented at the beginning of this rather long menu.

Well.. most of them is not that useful in advrename.

But anyway, the most used ones otherwise from my point
of view is:

Exif:
Copyright
Date and Time
Exposure Bias
Exposure Mode
Exposure Program
Flash
Flash Energy
F number
Focal length
ISO speed
Max aperture value
Metering mode
Shutter speed
White balance
PixelYDimension
PixelXDimension
Custom rendered
Color Space

And maybe "User Comment" and those tags regarding GPS position.

IPTC:
By-line
Caption/Abstract
City
Contact
Copyright Notice
Country Code
Country Name
Credit
Digital Creation Date
Digital Creation Time
Headline
Image Orientation
Keywords
Province/State
Special Instructions
Sub-location
Urgency

But since IPTC covers more than just still images, there could be more tags