gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Bug #129179

From: Kevin James
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Bug #129179
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:00:26 +0000

I have been looking at the bug #129179 in bugzilla, to try and get
myself familiar with the code (as I was missing a tool like
gnome-commander on Linux, having used something similar on Windows, and
I like to help out if I can when I find something useful), and it looks
like the bug is related to the last working directory functionality.  I
think the lwd is not getting properly unrefed somewhere when the name is
changed, which is causing the bug.

If you comment out lines 1704-1709 in gnome-cmd-file-selector.c,
function gnome_cmd_file_selector_set_directory:

if (fs->priv->cwd) {
        fs->priv->lwd = fs->priv->cwd;
        gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data (GTK_OBJECT (fs->priv->lwd), fs);
        fs->priv->connected_dir = NULL;
        fs->priv->lwd->voffset = gnome_cmd_clist_get_voffset
(GNOME_CMD_CLIST
(fs->list));
}

then the lwd is never set. As there is no lwd when gnome-commander
starts, all the code dealing with lwd is set to test for NULL.
Commenting these lines fixes this bug, but obviously breaks the history
functionality.  Hopefully this will help to track down the bug - I will
keep looking at the code to try and find the culprit unless someone else
fixes it first.

Cheers,
Kev.