gcc-conf-discuss

Re: input about GCC conference

From: Masayuki Ida
Subject: Re: input about GCC conference
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:20:35 +0900

> From: Bill Wendling <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: input about GCC conference
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:57:50 -0500
> I think it's a good idea...
> ...but, then, I'm not a developer, just an interested party.

Thank you for your voice!
How are you interested in it?
I mean what sort of activities at the conference would increase
your desire to attend?
Your voice is very important.

The issue I addresssed was two things, as far as I can say.
One is how many people can really come.
The other is how many good papers will be there.

For the former question, theoretical answer would be
"it depends on the quality of the conference, and,
what types of interesting things there will be."
And the answer to the latter question would be the base
for some part of the answer to the former one.

But, if user communities can respond with large
numbers of "Yes" messages, I am sure things will happen.
I still believe that unless there is a dediated conference to
GCC, the entire GCC community cannot see each other.
So, this is one of the key points to have GCC conference.

Masa Ida