gcc-conf-discuss

[Gcc-conf-discuss] GCC configuration craps out

From: Timothy Janke
Subject: [Gcc-conf-discuss] GCC configuration craps out
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 23:46:38 -0700

Hi,

The answer to this question may actually be in the list archives, but the link
to the archives is broken, so I'm posting it.

I'm trying to 'configure' GCC on my PC (P4, 1Ghz, 512mg RAM, 80G HD, WindowsME
[yeah, yeah, I know]).  I've installed CygWin, which seems to be working ok.

The failure looks like:

        checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o...
../../src/gcc-3.0.4/zlib/../ltconfig: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily
unavailable
        configure: error: libtool configure failed
        Configure in /cygdrive/g/gcc/bin/zlib failed, exiting.

I get the same result configuring for both native compiler and mips-tandem
cross-compiler.

Any clues appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim