fsfc-private

[Fsfc-private] somersault thoughtless

From: Stephen Tapia
Subject: [Fsfc-private] somersault thoughtless
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 03:09:43 -0400

Nor are they allowed to violate the law by obtaining classified documents in so doing. The principle of moral hazard is broken here - and the only criteria the Times really considered is whether they will scoop the Washington Post. There cannot be any hesitation on the trigger.
Have they never heard of FINCEN? On multiple deadlines.
She has what I believe to be the characteristics of an activist and community leader. And they say different. She has what I believe to be the characteristics of an activist and community leader.
And they say different.
was using SWIFT to look at international banking transactions.
In fact, his entire argument rests on the premise that despite the unanimous testimony of people who do, in fact, know, that were' not in a position to know. I guess ethical and moral reasoning just isn't in the curriculum at J-schools these days. Sandy Berger got in heap big trouble for doing next to no damage to national security, other than perhaps tampering with records. The SEC is one of the biggest data miners in the world.
Setting a precedent that newspapers are, in fact, above the law and beyond prosecution.
Which is precisely why the Times got way too big for its britches, and subverted the right and just role of our accountable officials in three branches of government.
There's a risk that you're going to get in trouble. There never has been quarter given in a fight that close.
You can assume one thing but you can't assume the other. The principle of moral hazard is broken here - and the only criteria the Times really considered is whether they will scoop the Washington Post. That would be unusual in any fight.
I would be very surprised if the people running al Qaeda didn't know about that, and there were other ways they could know as well. Make sure it rattles around a bunch.
I mean, any of the rest of us would go to jail for divulging such details in a heartbeat. Two said he should be suspended without pay for two years; the two others recommended a five- year suspension without pay. Or Firefox's Mozilla.
And they say different. I suppose I would say that there probably is some chance of that, yeah. Setting a precedent that newspapers are, in fact, above the law and beyond prosecution. Institutional trades are routinely monitored, even domestically, and without a warrant. No one seems to be arguing either point. She has what I believe to be the characteristics of an activist and community leader.
I guess ethical and moral reasoning just isn't in the curriculum at J-schools these days.
The windows up there are so tiny, but they're enough to see both the city and the river.