Re: [ft] Invalid outline error?

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft] Invalid outline error?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 19:33:32 +0100

> Does anyone know what the following error means returned from
FT_Load_Glyph()?

> invalid outline, glyph index: 1325, unicode: 0x34C7
>
> This was returned from accessing the Unicode value above from a Monotype
> Japanese font.

Pretty much hints at an invalid/erroneous outline.  If you're absolutely
sure that the glyph is valid in respect to the format, I'd ask you to report
your finding as a bug.  However (!) please talk to the font designer(s)
first and let them verify the correctness of the font  (e.g. it could be a
hidden version of a former version of a glyph etc).  FreeType is maintained
by a very small team and looking into bugs that are not related to FreeType
is extremely costly.

Thanks for taking that into account,

best
Armin