Re: [ft] get all glyphs

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Subject: Re: [ft] get all glyphs
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 14:38:40 +1200

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 20:55:37 +0000, Dryden, Thomas wrote:

> I'm attempting to extract all glyphs from a TTF in order to create a
> table of each glyph's width.

If you want to get all glyphs, then just call FT_Load_Glyph for every
index in the range from 1 up to num_glyphs - 1 inclusive. That will
return a nonzero status for any glyph it fails to load, but that
shouldn’t happen.

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 22:48:41 +0000, Dryden, Thomas wrote:

> The only problem is, I also need to
> know the character code. I don't know how to get the character code.

Unicode, you mean? You can iterate through the
character-code-to-glyph-index mapping with
FT_Get_First_Char/FT_Get_Next_Char.