[ft] Microsoft makes its 60,000 patents open source to help Linux

From: weidong
Subject: [ft] Microsoft makes its 60,000 patents open source to help Linux
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 15:59:21 +0800

I use ubuntu18.04, ubuntu use freetype to render fonts. I think the font render
effect for Chinese Character is not very good.
I see the news Microsoft makes its 60,000 patents open source to help Linux,
this 60000 patents must contain patent for rendering font.
I want freetype use the patent can use to make render effect better.

Thanks.

The news:
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/10/17959978/microsoft-makes-its-60000-patents-open-source-to-help-linux