[ft] Problems when rendering some fonts

From: me2 beats
Subject: [ft] Problems when rendering some fonts
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:58:40 +0500

Hello, I have a problems when rendering some fonts in kivy (python), for
example
font *Bleeding_Cowboys.ttf*
Issue: https://github.com/kivy/kivy/issues/6149

and *New York Deco.ttf*
Issue: https://github.com/kivy/kivy/issues/6150

in kivy, I tried to use sdl2 and pillow backends for text rendering - the
result is about the same.

I tested it on Ubuntu,

Kivy developers suggested that I turn to the Freetype support.

The same problems occur when using Pygame framework.

but these fonts work correctly, for example, in Godot engine 3 (tested for
Windows).

How can I check if this is a Freetype problem?