Re: [ft] Unable to build a 32 bit libfreetype in a 64bit debian machine

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Unable to build a 32 bit libfreetype in a 64bit debian machine
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:35:31 +0100 (CET)

> [...] I am having difficulty building freetype in my 64 bit
> machine.  The command I used, after some search in the internet is
> below.
>
> I have also attached the config.log in this email.  I would be
> grateful for some help.

Have you actually looked into the `config.log' file?  There you can
find the following:

  configure:2955: checking whether the C compiler works
  configure:2977: gcc -arch i386   conftest.c  >&5
  gcc: error: i386: No such file or directory
  gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-arch'
  configure:2981: $? = 1
  configure:3019: result: no

In other words, CFLAGS='-arch i386' doesn't work.  Have a look at

  https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/compile-32-bit-program-64-bit-gcc-c-c/

and similar pages for more help.