Re: [ft] Some problem (or bug) about compiling freetype library on Amiga

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Some problem (or bug) about compiling freetype library on AmigaOS4.1FE Update 1
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 18:07:20 +0100 (CET)

Hello Károly!

> I would like to make an SDL application using SDL_ttf which is
> wrapped in FreeType library, so I downloaded it and try to compile
> on my AmigaOne with SDK and I type what the README says: "make -f
> makefile.os4", in turn the following error has occured: [...]

You are the first one since many years who reports a problem with the
Amiga platform.  Note that the makefiles for Amiga are completely
unsupported; we only try to synchronize the list of files to compile
as good as possible – the last Amiga-specific change was 12 years (!)
ago...

> makefile.os4:67: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
> (ftbase.ppc.o: FT:src/base/ftbase.c)
>
> Well, I try to rewrite this makefile and replace all occurrences of

I guess this is due to the old AmigaOS version (the README talks about
`MorphOS', whatever it is).

> I don't understand it... why???

I can't help here, sorry.  However, my gut feeling says that you will
have more success if you start with the standard incantation of

  ./configure && make

to take a Unix-like route.