Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 19:30:23 +1200

On Mon, 07 May 2018 09:01:34 +0200 (CEST), Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> With `trusting' I mean that the code controls `FT_New_Face'.  For
> example, a plug-in provided by the user might call `FT_New_Face',
> delegating the deallocation to the program core.  In this case the
> program core cannot trust that the user module always does the right
> thing.

You mean, the caller is expected to call FT_New_Face, then pass
ownership of the object to the intermediate layer, which then makes use
of it and has the responsibility of calling FT_Done_Face?

If the intermediate layer is not expecting a NULL pointer, then an
error on FT_Done_Face would seem to be the least of your problems.