Re: [ft] Regarding GSoC 2018

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Regarding GSoC 2018
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 11:23:45 +0100 (CET)

> I am Siddharth Sharma, and I would really love to participate in
> GSoC with FreeType.  I had a look at the ideas at
> https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html and I would like to Convert the
> FreeType documentation to markdown.

OK.  Note that Nikolaus has already started some conversion, cf.

  https://github.com/madig/freetype-web

It probably makes sense to continue from there.

> For preparation, I have started off by learning make and writing
> some basic scripts to convert specific markdown features to html (a
> particular markdown feature per script), I plan to later integrate
> these in the project.
>
> Can you please help me, and give suggestions as to how to proceed
> and how to write the GSoC proposal.

First of all, you are too early.  It's not clear yet whether FreeType
will participate at all in GSoC since there haven't been an
announcement from Google, AFAIK.

As soon as participation of FreeType is confirmed, you should
subscribe to the `freetype-devel' mailing list and present your first
ideas how to do the job.  This should later become your proposal.