[ft] Can Freetype process a glyph file directly

From: Ammar ul hassan
Subject: [ft] Can Freetype process a glyph file directly
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:55:00 +0900

Recently i made a small helping module in FreeType for my research work.
This module is mainly responsible for processing a METAFONT input by client
application. I used FTVIEW as my client application that takes a METAFONT
file to display styled text on screen.

 I am using Mftrace program for converting any METAOFONT request into its
corresponding Type1 format and then using the default Type1 driver module i
am processing it and displaying results on screen. Its working fine.

Now what i want is to use, MF program instead of Mftrace to process
METAFONT using FreeType. MF program takes a .mf file as input and returns a
.tfm and .gf file. This .gf file is then converted using GFtoPK or GFtoDVI
into .pk or .dvi files respectively and then can be used for displaying.

So, my question is if i have a .GF or .glif file is it possible to process
it using FreeType? Can i use  FT_Load_Glyph() or any other function to
directly input such information.

Thanks