Re: [ft] (Font) How can I edit a font, make all sizes look like 9pt hint

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] (Font) How can I edit a font, make all sizes look like 9pt hinting?
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 08:26:00 +0100 (CET)

> Is there any way I could try this out, and generate a ttf file? (no
> matter how horrible the results may be)

It's some manual work:

. Run `ttx' (from fonttools) to disassemble the font.

. Collect the (hinted) output of `FT_Get_Glyph', convert the
  coordinates back to font units, then substitute the point data in
  the ttx output with the new values.

. Remove all bytecode, then run ttx again to assemble the font.

. You might also try ttfautohint to get some hinting.