Re: [ft] A freetype2 learner

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] A freetype2 learner
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 09:28:57 +0100 (CET)

> Can you share an example to draw 'A' with a font on X11.  I tried
> many days, but I cannot have good result.

Well, FreeType's job is to simply render a glyph image into a buffer,
and you have to use X11 library functions to eventually display it.
With the former you can get help here on this ist, but not with the
latter – you have to search an X11 forum for that.

You might look at the Freetype demo programs like ftview how to do it.
Note, however, that the demo programs use a small, abstract library
called `graph' (which is part of the demo bundle) to provide a uniform
interface for various operating systems.  A modern and better
replacement is Qt or GTK, for example, which I recommend to use, since
its high-level interface is much easier to handle than low-level X11
graphics stuff.