[ft] Failure in loading U+033F in DejaVu fonts

From: Khaled Hosny
Subject: [ft] Failure in loading U+033F in DejaVu fonts
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 01:59:26 +0200

I just noticed that FreeType 2.6.3 (didn’t try older versions), fails to
load the glyph for U+033F in all DejaVu fonts. Trying with ftview:

$ FT2_DEBUG="any:2" ftview -m "̿" 100 DejaVuSans.ttf

I get an infinite loop of:

TT_Load_Glyph: glyph index 752
TT_Load_Composite_Glyph: infinite recursion detected

I “think” the code in question src/truetype/ttgload.c:1653 is confused
by the fact that the two components refer to the same glyph, as I don’t
see where is the infinite recursion. But I’m not really sure, it can
very well be indeed a bug in the font. Any ideas?

Regards,
Khaled