[ft] FT_Select_Charmap problem

From: Michael IV
Subject: [ft] FT_Select_Charmap problem
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:32:42 +0200

I am trying to understand exactly how to work with different charmaps.

For example,I got a font with platform id TT_PLATFORM_MICROSOFT

and encoding - FT_ENCODING_MS_SYMBOL.

Now inspecting the font I see that the chars (from space and onwards begin from 0xF020 and the SYMBOL AREA starts at 0xF000

Now,I read about FT_Select_Charmap and FT_Set_Charmap and I thought if I select the specific charmap,then FT_Get_Char_Index returns me the correct index .So if for example
I pass a char 'F' it will return me appropriate index from the selected charmap.But it doesn't happen.it returns zero.Only if I do smth like : charIndex + 0xF000 ,it works.Does it mean I need to offset into selected charmap manually?

Thanks