Re: [ft] What is FT_PIXEL_MODE_BGRA for?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] What is FT_PIXEL_MODE_BGRA for?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:46:11 +0100 (CET)

https://github.com/behdad/color-emoji/blob/master/specification/examples/FruityGirl.ttf
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2563757

> P.S. Actually, I found one font named "Funkster.ttf", that seems to
> be at least grayscale, but when trying to use it FreeType fails on
> FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes. Also, it can't be installed on my Linux OS.

Hmm.  I've just downloaded it from

  https://github.com/google/skia/blob/master/resources/Funkster.ttf

and it works just fine with current ftview.  At 96ppem, I get color
glyphs (and after pressing `c' I see the same in B/W).  Note that you
need to link FreeType with libpng to get coloured bitmap glyphs.