Re: [ft] Suggestion/Inquiry: keeping metrics.horiAdvance for emboldened

From: Raimund Steger
Subject: Re: [ft] Suggestion/Inquiry: keeping metrics.horiAdvance for emboldened fixed-width fonts
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:30:57 +0100

[...]

But surely, if the font _does_ have a bold style, then that, too, will
have different metrics, and the text won’t line up. So why are these

Most of the ones I've tried manage to use the same metrics for their regular and bold variants (I think even the old -misc-fixed-* PCF fonts mostly used the same width for regular and bold). Otherwise surely no text editor would've even bothered using that kind of styling in the first place.

But no problem. I do understand yours and Werner's point.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <address@hidden>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <address@hidden>