Re: [ft] How to use FreeType with FontConfig?

From: John Found
Subject: Re: [ft] How to use FreeType with FontConfig?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:56:03 +0200

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 13:37:26 +1300
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, I realize there is something missing from this: namely, the
> application of algorithmic obliquing and emboldening, where the found
> font doesn’t have designs for these. The sample code I gave is just
> ignoring this.

Well, I think this is not so important for the current state of my project.
I want first to make it work. Then will make the extras. :)

Actually, I already tried your approach and it works pretty good, even in this
draft implementation:

http://fresh.flatassembler.net/fossil/repo/fresh/artifact/9c43c2?ln=21-58

Anyway, I am trying now to understand the FreeType cache mechanism, because the
current drawing speed is unacceptably slow.

Is there some tutorials on this subject, as the FreeType rendering tutorial on
the FreeType site?

If not, please, give me with some explanation of how this subsystem works?
I can't understand the general ideas, reading only the API reference.

Best Regards.