[ft] Different rendering on Win / Mac

From: Eric Nicolas
Subject: [ft] Different rendering on Win / Mac
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 11:30:43 +0200

Hello,

I have the same client code running on :
- Windows 7 / MSVC10 / FreeType-2.3.5 downloaded from gnuwin32
- MacOSX 10.9 / Xcode / FreeType-2.5.3 compiled with configure/make, default options

The rendering output is quite different.
I attach an example as PNG. Windows output is above, MacOSX output is below.

Is it possible that the different FreeType version explains this difference ?

Thanks
E.