Re: [ft] Large delta_y for hinted vs unhinted "COMBINING CARON BELOW" gl

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Large delta_y for hinted vs unhinted "COMBINING CARON BELOW" glyph
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 01:40:26 +0100 (CET)

>> I guessed that the top_bearing and vadvance were calculated
>> incorrectly if the vmtx table wasn't present,
>
> Yes, I suspect that.

BTW, I'm not sure whether the vmtx data is used at all in computing
the vertical phantom points, since the (secondary) vertical advance
height in horizontal mode is not necessarily the same thing as the
(primary) vertical advance height in vertical mode.  So maybe the
coordinates for phantom points are always computed from the horizontal
metrics data.