Re: [ft] Vertical Text and Rotated Characters

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] Vertical Text and Rotated Characters
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:53:02 +0900

Hi,

The glyph rotation (rather, the picking the rotated glyph by the glyph
ID substitution) for the vertical writing mode is (now) classified
as a part of complex text layout for the internationalization (e.g.
Arabic, Indic, etc). Thus, now FreeType2 developers are thinking it's
a role of higher level library dealing with OpenType or TrueType GX,
like, HarfBuzz, ICU, etc.

If you have more specific interest (e.g. PostScript CID-keyed font
which can access vertical writing mode glyph without OpenType feature),
please let me know.

Regards,
mpsuzuki