[ft] How to render system fonts with FreeType 2.5.0 in Mac OS X Lion?

From: Alexander Gunnarson
Subject: [ft] How to render system fonts with FreeType 2.5.0 in Mac OS X Lion?
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:31:57 -0600

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, so I'm still exploring exactly what FreeType is and what it's currently good for.
My main thing right now is that I'd like to replace the OS X default font renderer (which I suppose is an earlier version of FreeType anyway) with FreeType 2.5.0, which uses the Adobe CFF technology. I did a similar thing in Windows already with a Google Code project (gdipp): http://code.google.com/p/gdipp/ . The results were really quite amazing - a lot easier on the eyes than the ClearType it comes with.

Anyone know how to do what I'm proposing?

Thanks,
Alex