[ft] Freetype crashing

From: Robin Watts
Subject: [ft] Freetype crashing
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:17:43 +0000

Hi all,

I have a test file here that when fed into MuPDF causes Freetype to die with a SEGV.

It seems that in ft_stroker_border_export, we append the border points to the outline points; this is great, except border->num_points is an int, and outline->num_points is a short, hence we can overflow.

I can share the test file for this via direct email, but I can't post it to the list (or to a public bugtracker). I have a patch to fix the problem, but I'm the first to admit that it may not be ideal.

I submit it here for your delight, delectation, mocking opportunities etc.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help get this fixed in the next version of freetype.

Merry Xmas!

Robin