Re: [ft] FT_Get_Advance spuriously returns advance 0

From: Gregor Mückl
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_Get_Advance spuriously returns advance 0
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 14:23:45 +0100

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 19:32:05 +0100 (CET), Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I think I'm in need for some hints in order to track this one down.
Here's the problem: [...]

No idea what's causing this.  To help you, please provide a small
compilable sample to the list which exhibits the problem, and which I
can debug.  If you need a proprietary font to reproduce the error
please send it to me and not to the list.

    Werner

Thanks for the offer. But I think I found the cause: I passed the FT_Font structure that the Layouter was using also to cairo for rendering. And rendering in cairo did in fact change something inside the font. Now I'm loading the font twice to get separate font structures and the problem is gone.

Gregor