[ft] Using different loading and render modes, plus LCD example

From: Aekold Helbrass
Subject: [ft] Using different loading and render modes, plus LCD example
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:58:48 +0300

Good day All!

I've read the note to
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#FT_LOAD_TARGET_XXX
and now I have a question: what will I get in case of using LIGHT for
may be used to achieve some special results?

And the second question - the reason why I can't check the first one
for myself. I am using that awesome Qt example (example4.cpp) to see
how freetype works in general, but I can't get proper LCD modes. I see
that image is 3 times wider and divide it, but it's still crippled
when rendered. I suppose I should use some other color table or some
smart pixel filtering methods that are used in openjdk or qt, but I am
not familiar with freetype enough to figure it out myself. So, if
there are some LCD rendering examples or guides - please give me some
links.

Thanx!