Re: [ft] Bytecode hinter producing bad results, seems to be a regression

From: Vinnie
Subject: Re: [ft] Bytecode hinter producing bad results, seems to be a regression
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 06:55:24 -0800 (PST)

I'm ashamed to admit it but you are talking about things that are going WAY
over my head. I tried to use those programs fontforge and ttx but I failed to
get them to run. Something about needing Cygwin, which also generated errors
when I tried to install that, and I don't understand TTX.

So my code is supposed to dig into the font file and figure out if hinting is
supported? I thought FreeType was plug and go... I just want to open the font
and get hinted outlines without worrying.

What is a monochrome rendering and how do I test it under Windows?

I'm not using FreeType to render...just to extract outlines.

And by the way, the autohinting module works pretty damn good!