Re: [ft] Glyph issue in freetype 2.3.10

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Glyph issue in freetype 2.3.10
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:19:21 +0900

Hi,

Thank you very much for screen shots. Apparently,
there is shaping error, the enclosing vowel signs
are not reordered to form correct ligature.

However, unfortunately, I (and maybe Werner too) have
no candidates in my mind about the root causing this
error. I'm afraid something wrong in Pango, and it
might be long-term issue to analize why this trouble
occurs.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:17:15 +0530
Manoj Kumar Bhatta <address@hidden> wrote:

>> 1) how many prebuilt libraries in your DirectFB/GTK?
>>   a) all are prebuilt by external developer (e.g. some Linux distributors)
>>   b) all, except of freetype-2.3.10
>>   c) all, except of previous freetype-2.3.9 & current 2.3.10.
>>   d) other combinations
>
>We have built all the libraries from its source.( including DirectFB
>to freetype)
>We built freetype 2.3.9 and freetype 2.3.10 to check the issue.

OK, please tell me the versions of component softwares:
GLib, Cairo and Pango, and configuration options you used
(if you have any account to a web server with huge storage,
 I want to obtain your building directory of the components).

I will make a modified Pango showing many many debugging
messages, to trace its Indic shaper behaviour. Maybe using
"pango-view" is sufficient to check the shaper's behaviour.

Regards,
mpsuzuki