Re: [ft] Re: Shiny New Subpixel Hinting Patch

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Re: Shiny New Subpixel Hinting Patch
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:09:47 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks a lot for your work!

>  Also... there are a couple other patches included in this one, that
> can / would be disabled by default, like zipped fonts, etc.

This is bad.  Please don't mix different patches.

> Another "feature" that I've enabled in this version of the patch is
> one that makes the emboldening function ignore the Y direction.  In
> my opinion, it looks substantially better than the existing
> emboldening, albeit not "technically correct".  Try it out on Andale
> Mono, Lucida Console, or some other font that has no bold version.

Again, this should moved to a different patch.

I would be glad to incorporate your work, but I need smaller patch
sets split into logical units, with no tabs and better formatting in
accordance with the rest of the FreeType code (e.g., similar spacing
and shortening lines to not exceed a line length of 80 characters).
It's not necessary to do too much formatting, but the splitting up is
best done by you.  Some of your changed code lines, BTW, have trailing
whitespace...

Hopefully, you can afford the time to fix that.  Otherwise it might
take a long time until I do it by myself.