RE: [ft] reading glyph bitmap

From: Minhaj Ahmed
Subject: RE: [ft] reading glyph bitmap
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:12:14 +0000

Here is the sample code which fails to retrieve the bitmap glyph properly, I
see all white space with a

at the end for number 3 for example..yet example1.c here
 http://freetype.freedesktop.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/
works well with letters/numbers oriented as provided in the original email
below...
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
void PrintLetter(
                  unsigned char *my_buf, //this buffer is
face->glyph->bitmap->buffer
                  FT_Bitmap *bmp //same bitmap struct to which the buffer above
belongs
)
{
        FT_Int i, j, p;
        FT_Int x_max = bmp->pitch;
        FT_Int y_max = bmp->rows;

        //
        // i each time should equal the first pixel in each row and
        // should move upward every iteration
        // j would print one by one each byte in a given row
        //
        for (i = (y_max-1)*x_max, p = 0; p < y_max ; i-=x_max, p++ )
        {
                for ( j = i; j < x_max; j++)
                {
                        putchar(my_buf[j] == 0 ? ' ' : my_buf[j] < 128 ? '-' :
'.');
                }
                putchar('\n');
        }