[ft] FreeType Font information Removal

From: Matthew Smith
Subject: [ft] FreeType Font information Removal
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:36:23 -0500

Hello,

I am looking to create a tool to remove unused glyph/char information from a ttf to reduce the total size of our font memory footprint for a Japanese localization of our project.

Does FreeType2 support this kind of interaction with the ttf file?  And if so, what modules would be useful to research?

I haven’t yet come across a way to save out the TTF after loading it, or even to remove information from a loaded font face.

Thanks,

M. Smith