Re: [ft] Question about Hinting

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [ft] Question about Hinting
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:40:44 +0200

On 21 May 2010 14:51, Adam Twardoch (List) <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10-05-21 11:14, nicolas jean wrote:
>> If I am right, using true type native hint information is patented by Apple.
>
> Not anymore, the patents expired in November 2009.

That's what I heard, but I heard in conversation at UDS that there are
a bunch of patents and some haven't died yet.

And then the other day I read

http://ghostscript.com/~hintak/LGM_Brussels2010_Ghostscript.pdf

which on Page 31 says "Apple patents on TrueType bytecode expire soon"

Can anyone here confirm all the patents have expired?